In Reply To...
Confirm post delete
Report a post
Many state and national resources regularly provide aid to people with vision problems. The National Eye Institute, which supports eye research, does not help individuals pay for eye care. However, if you are in need of financial aid to assess or treat an eye problem, you might contact one or more of the following programs.
You may also contact a social worker at a local hospital or other community agency. Social workers often are knowledgeable about community resources that can help people facing financial and medical problems.
Eye Exams and Surgery
- EyeCare America, a public service foundation of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO). Provides comprehensive eye exams and care for up to one year, often at no out-of-pocket expense to eligible callers through its seniors and Diabetes EyeCare Programs. Its Glaucoma EyeCare Program provides a glaucoma eye exam. The EyeCare America Children's EyeCare Program educates parents and primary care providers about the importance of early childhood (newborn through 36 months of age) eye care. Telephone: 1-800-222-EYES (3937). Website: http://eyecareamerica.org.
- VISION USA, coordinated by the American Optometric Association (AOA), provides free eye care to uninsured, low-income workers and their families. Telephone: 1-800-766-4466. Website: http://www.aoa.org/x5607.xml.
- Lions Clubs International provides financial assistance to individuals for eye care through local clubs. A local club can be found by using the "club locator" button found on their website at http://www.LionsClubs.org.
- Mission Cataract USA, coordinated by the Volunteer Eye Surgeons' Association, is a program providing free cataract surgery to people of all ages who have no other means to pay. Surgeries are scheduled annually on one day, usually in May. Telephone: 1-800-343-7265. Website: http://www.missioncataractUSA.org.
- Knights Templar Eye Foundation provides assistance for eye surgery for people who are unable to pay or receive adequate assistance from current government agencies or similar sources. Mailing address: 1000 East State Parkway, Suite I, Schaumburg, IL 60173. Telephone: (847) 490-3838. Website: http://www.knightstemplar.org/ktef/ktef-faq.htm#contact.
- InfantSEE® is a public health program designed to ensure early detection of eye conditions in babies. Member optometrists provide a free comprehensive infant eye assessment to children younger than one year. Telephone: 1-888-396-3937. Website: http://www.infantsee.org.
- Sight for Students, a Vision Service Plan (VSP) program provides eye exams and glasses to children 18 years and younger whose families cannot afford vision care. Telephone: 1-888-290-4964. Website: http://www.sightforstudents.org/.
- New Eyes for the Needy provides vouchers for the purchase of new prescription eyeglasses. Mailing address: 549 Millburn Avenue, P.O. Box 332, Short Hills, NJ 07078-0332. Telephone: (973) 376-4903. E-mail: email@example.com. Website: http://www.neweyesfortheneedy.org.
- The Medicine Program assists people to enroll in one or more of the many patient assistance programs that provide prescription medicine free-of-charge to those in need. Patients must meet the sponsor's criteria. The program is conducted in cooperation with the patient's doctor. Mailing Address: P.O. Box 4182, Poplar Bluff, MO 63902-4182. Telephone: 1-866-694-3893. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: http://www.themedicineprogram.com.
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance offers a single point of access to more than 475 public and private patient assistance programs, including more than 150 programs offered by pharmaceutical companies. Telephone: 1-888-477-2669. Website: https://www.pparx.org.
Medicare Benefit for Eye Exams
For People with Diabetes -- People with Medicare who have diabetes can get a dilated eye exam to check for diabetic eye disease. Your doctor will decide how often you need this exam.
For People at Risk for Glaucoma -- Glaucoma is a leading cause of vision loss. People at high risk for glaucoma include those with diabetes or a family history of glaucoma, or African Americans age 50 or older. Medicare will pay for an eye exam to check for glaucoma once every 12 months.
Patients must pay 20 percent of the Medicare-approved amount after the yearly Part B deductible. Telephone: 1-800-633-4227. Website: http://www.medicare.gov.
State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP)
For little or no cost, this insurance pays for doctor visits, prescription medicines, hospitalizations, and much more for children 18 years and younger. Most states also cover the cost of dental care, eye care, and medical equipment. Telephone: 1-877-543-7669. Insure Kids Now! Website: http://www.insurekidsnow.gov/states.asp.
The National Eye Institute (NEI) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and is the Federal government's lead agency for vision research that leads to sight-saving treatments and plays a key role in reducing visual impairment and blindness.
Kress Vision Program Of New York Downtown Hospital
170 William Street
New York, NY 10038
“Provides no-charge eye health and vision screening and eyeglasses to referrals from agencies serving the uninsured underpriviliged who cannot otherwise secure such care.”
New Eyes for the Needy
549 Millburn Avenue
PO Box 332
Short Hills, NJ 07078
“New Eyes for the Needy purchases new eyeglasses for poor children and adults in the United States and recycles donated glasses for distribution to indigent people in developing nations worldwide.”
Park Ridge Family Health Center of Lutheran Medical Center
6311 4th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11220
Must make an appointment. Sliding Scale starting between $15-$50 for the first visit, proof of income needed.
National Eye Care Project
Medical eye care for US citizens and legal residents, age 65 and older. No financial qualifications. Referral service. Medicare or other health insurance will pay the cost of the care, if without insurance and in need of care, treatment will be provided at no charge.
I am also in Need of Glasses I have had the same prescribtion glasses since 2000 and dont have money to get a new pair nor see the doctor!!! Can anyone help me with this also my mom has dentures and is currently without teeth as they broke and she has been having trouble eating, and self esteem is down. Please Help!!! BamBam22479@yahoo.com
wellHOW IS EVERY BODY DOING WELL I HOPE STILL NO HELP FROM ANYONE YET PUT A POST ON WISH UPON A HERO AND NOTHING THERE EATHER ITS ALMOST LIKE BEING INVISABLE YOU TRY AND TRY AND YOU STILL GET NO WHERE i need at least some glasses so i can go look for some work i will be in pain all the time but it is not that hard to hide the pain depending on what i am doing so we will see hope you all have a very merry xmas even know i will have no xmas at all this year just like last year
I am living in a house with 3 children one mother and ex husband.The mother is in debt and behind on her bills.The children mother and ex are in counseling for multiple problems.I am in need of food.I have been to food pantries and they have been short on what they can give.The children will not be recieving any christmas gifts due to lack of money.My truck is out of gas,out of oil,broken windshield, and now uninsured also no power steering need a part to fix but dont have the 45 to get,I have advertised on craigslist and have found one side job but unable to get transporatation to get there.I wear glasses which wont stay on my face and need new frames and new lenses for my eyes have got worseI own one pair of worn boots that are falling apart and I have used glue to hold together so even applying for a job is rough without decent shoes.I am very unpicky about the type just want something an employer would say is presentable.I have lost teeth and need over 13,000 in dental work.If you cannot help me which I could help the family by working please help the kids here have christmas gifts.I dont know what else to do.We will have the power cut off soon the water too.If anyone can help that would be great!
For low income. National program with quite a few outlets to locate services. New Eyes for the Needy.
12/17~I was informed from another aidpage member that neweyesfortheneedy have all the applications they can take for now.
My name is William Collier. I am a diabetic. My eyesight is starting to fade. I can not afford exam, and cannot afford glasses. I work at Goodwill Southwest Florida, Store 131, in Lehigh Acres, My income is low, I can't even pay all of my bills. Can you please help with my eye exam and glasses.
I have yet to recover financially from my battle with cancer. Everyone talks about how wonderful it is to survive it, but nobody talks about how difficult it is to recover financially. I need of all things, glasses and can't afford them. Through the years, I have helped many people financially and now, those very people have turned their backs on me and I don't know why.
Anyway, I am a singer/songwriter and would love to return to music. I am also a real estate developer and have been for years. I am looking for investors to assist me in funding the acquisition/construction for an Assisted Living Facility I want to build. My mission statement is to build a building, resembling a luxurious hotel, where each room is like a small apartment, a living room, a bedroom and a mini kitchen and dining area. I want to include, instead of a cafeteria, more of a restaraunt feeling where the residents, if they decide to eat with others, can actually choose what they want off the menu and not have to put up with meatloaf for everyone with the same veggies, etc. I want to provide a safe place where older people are treated with respect, dignity and isn't treated like a child. I want each one to feel like a contributing member of society and feel that they are still IN society, NOT in a facility waiting to die. I want to give them a location where they can thrive and live in an elegant luxury style hotel.
If anyone can help with any of these situations, let me know.
I am a disabled nurse on disability. I make a small limited income. My husband recently got mugged and lost his eyesight. He is currently in his third appeal to social security. I have never asked for anything from anyone like this before and ran across this page to post a help ad. My husband and i are very proud people and it hurts us to do so. With all the medical bills and out of pocket medicine bills it has deleted our bank account. We are in your mercy. What we need is 1,000 dollars to relocate closer to doctors and get necessary equipment. If there are any people oput there who could finds it in their heart to help we would gladly make a small monthly repayment plan. Waiting desperately to hear from anyone with a kind heart. you can reach us at our p.o.box 752 cowpens,south carolina 29330 Joe and Coleen
In need of glasses. Mine just broke. The cheapest frames are $110 and im not sure how much the lens are going to be, she said an average of $60 (thick) My eye exam is free because of insuance. Plase help me with this. I Really need them to see. My paypal is email@example.com Thanks.
Hi, all! Just wanted to let you know that our Dental Plus Discount Plan includes savings of up to 60% on all your Vision care; exams, eyeglasses, contacts, even Lasik in some cases! You also save up to 80% on Dental, up to 50% on Chiropractic and up to 50% on Prescriptions. Membership is just $19.95 per month for your entire household. http://www.BenefitsByRosie.com
My contact info is on my page - call or write with any questions about our discount plans!
We provide you fashionable, top quality eye wear at affordable prices. Optical Direct Online offers you online shopping of optical lenses with E-Try on service before you buy. We have exclusive collection of Glasses, Contact lens, Prescription glasses, Eye glasses, and Sunglasses
We offer Products are :-
Contact us for further details:-
Address: - Moorabbin BC
3189 VIC, Australia
Website: - http://www.opticaldirect.com.au
I've been out of work for a long time due to ill health. I am feeling much better now and really want to get back into work. The only problem is I cannot see very well without glasses. I broke mine a few weeks ago and can't afford to get new ones. I can get some help from the DSS, but it's not enough. I still have to find £96 and it's almost impossible to raise this amount on benefits. It's a catch 22 situation. I can't get glasses unless I have money coming in and I can't get a job until I get new glasses. Can anyone help me please? I'm really struggling to make ends meet.
I am a working single mom of 3 wonderful kids. My youngest needs dental work, but I cannot get it for her. I have to pay $275 before the appointment can be made (because she has to be sedated, the the remaining (estimate around $900) before the work can be done, I cannot find any dentists that will let me make monthly payments. My middle child needs glasses. Everytime I try to save money for these something always comes up that I need the money for right then. For example high light bill, these high gas prices to get back and forth to work. To top it all off my glasses broke today. I know God will find someone or a way to help us out.